The Aalto House and Studio Aalto are closely situated in Helsinki’s Munkkiniemi district. The Muuratsalo Experimental House, Alvar and Elissa Aalto’s summer residence, is on the island of Muuratsalo in Lake Päijänne. These unique buildings reflect the everyday lives and work of the famous architect and designer Alvar Aalto and of both his architect wives, Aino and Elissa. Admission to the Aalto House, Studio and Muuratsalo Experimental House still includes a guided tour.
Last summer’s trial of extended opening hours at the Alvar Aalto Museum met with a positive reception, so this Museum dedicated the life’s work of the famous architect and designer will be open for extended hours next summer, too.
– from September to June Tue−Sun at 11.00−18.00
– from July to August Tue−Sun at 10.00−18.00
Tours of the Aalto House will start earlier in the summer season. Admission will increase by two euros, with entrance tickets now costing €20 / adult.
– during the winter season (December−January) Tue−Fri at 13.00, Sat−Sun at 13.00, 14.00 and 15.00. January 1−6, 2019 daily at 13.00, 14.00 and 15.00.
– spring at autumn (February−April and October−November) Tue−Sun at 13.00, 14.00 and 15.00
– during the summer season (May−September) Tue−Sun and August daily at 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00 and 16.00
There will be additional tours of Studio Aalto in the spring and autumn seasons, and in the summer.
– during the winter season (December−January) Tue−Sun at 11.30
– spring and autumn (February−April and October−November) Tue−Fri at 11.30 and Sat−Sun at 11.30 and 12.30
– during the summer season (May−September) Tue−Sun and August daily at 11.30, 12.30 and 13.30
The summer residence, the Muuratsalo Experimental House, is still only open during the summer season.
Guided tours June 1−September 15 Mon, Wed and Fri at 13.30 and August Mon−Fri at 13.30.
More information about entrance fees and opening hours of the Alvar Aalto sites from the address: https://www.alvaraalto.fi/en/visit/